As a Local Authority school, LCS is bound by Derby City Council admissions procedures.
The admissions procedures for new intake pupils in Year 7 each September are as laid down by the Local Authority as follows:
Priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order:
- A 'Looked After Child' or a child who was previously Looked After but immediately after being Looked After became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order. A Looked After Child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in section 22(1) of the Children Act (1989).
- Children who are both living in the catchment area served by the school and have brothers or sisters of compulsory school age still attending the school at the time of their admission.
- Other children living in the catchment area at the time of admission.
- Children who do not live in the catchment area served by the school but who have brothers or sisters of compulsory school age still attending the school at the time of their admission.
- In the case of voluntary controlled church schools, children whose parents request a place on religious grounds as stated on their application form.
- Other children whose parents have requested a place.
- Children whose parents did not request a place by the closing date.
If the school is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Need, or an Education Health and Care Plan (EHC) where the school is named in the Statement or EH&C plan, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out above.
All school admission applications for a school within Derby City made outside the normal admission round must be applied for using the relevant common application form or by completing the e-form available at https://secure.derby.gov.uk/forms/?formid=346 .
Secondary School Appeals
Derby City Council has set the following dates for their appeal closing dates and hearings:
- Thursday 01 March 2018 – National Offer Day
- Thursday 12 April 2018 – Closing date for all Year 7 intake appeals
- Thursday 14 June 2018 – All on-time appeals for Year 7 intake must have been heard.
|Littleover Community School Stage 1 Presentation||Monday 30 April 2018|
|Litlleover Community School Stage 2 appeals||Monday 30 April 2018 – Friday 04 May 2018|
All enquiries regarding admissions should be made to:
Derby City Council,
Children and Young People,
School Admissions Section,
The Council House,
Tel: 01332 642726