Welcome to Safeguarding at LCS. This page aims to be a portal for all information relating to the safety and wellbeing of LCS Students.
Report an Issue
During School Holidays
During the school holidays, LCS safeguarding staff will be unable to deal with your reports. Please visit the Safeguarding during the Holidays for a list of support organisations and safety advice.
During Term Time
Please report any LCS related safeguarding concerns one of the methods below:
Safeguarding and Wellbeing Staff
The Safeguarding and Wellbeing department consists of the following staff:
|Louise Craven||Lou Jenkins|
Assistant Safeguarding Officer
|Danni Illston, Sara Capill, Rebecca Hall, Andrew Bould|
Who do I contact if I have a Child Protection concern?
- If you are concerned that a child is suffering or at risk of significant harm call Social Care at First Contact Team - 01332 641172 Press Option 1
- Call the Police on 999
- Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating online? Make a report to one of CEOPs Child Protection Advisors.
- Derby Safeguarding Children Board - This site provides important safeguarding information for the public, children, young people, parents and carers.
Where Can I Get Support?
If you feel you need some help and need someone to talk to, the following organisations are there to help:
Shout is the UK's first free 24/7 text service for anyone in crisis. It's a place to go if you're struggling to cope and you need immediate help.
For support in a crisis:
Kooth offers free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.
Online service from:
If you are having thoughts about suicide or harm you can contact the Samaritans.
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Call 116 123 for free.
For support and advice about mental health, Childline can offer:
Female Genital Mutilation
For support and advice about Female Genital Mutilation:
Forced Marriage Unit
For support and advice about Forced Marriage.
Forced Marriage is a crime.
Young person's drug and alcohol service
For support and advice about Drugs and Alcohol:
For support and advice regarding LGBT issues.
The information below is designed to help with general safety of LCS students.
Please use the links below to get advice about water safety.
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue - Cold Water Shock
- RNLI | Respect the Water Campaign
- Canal & River Trust
- Stay Safe, Stay Out of Quarries
You can find the school E-Safety Policy via Parents > School Rules and Policies > Policies.
As social media becomes increasingly part of our everyday lives, we are wanting to provide information to our pupils and parents. Please find below a useful link that Derby City Council have provided. This gives some very useful information to assist parents in keeping their children safe online.
Various information about e-safety can be found at InternetMatters.org
The NSPCC have provided the following information to help with e-safety.
- NSPCC - Online Safety
- NSPCC - Sexting
- NSPCC - Share Aware
- NSPCC - Your guide to the social networks your kids use
Childnet and the UK Safer Internet Centre have provided various resources regarding online safety, see below:
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- Cyberbullying Advice for Parents and Carers
- Online Reputation Checklist
- Keeping Young Children Safe Online
- Supporting Young People Online
- Sexting (Naked Online)
The document below discusses Social Media and is provided by UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS).
The following information has been provided by 'Safe and Sound', an organisation who work to end child sexual exploitation.
This information advises young people and parents on how to use Security/Privacy settings with major Social Network sites; there is also information from CEOP on how to report on-line abuse.
- Facebook Security Settings
- Instagram Security Settings
- Snapchat Security Settings
- Twitter Security Settings
- Whatsapp Security Settings
- CEOP - Reporting Abuse
Please also see the website produced by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP):
Further information and advice on Internet Safety can be found in your child's Student Planner.