Key Stage 5 Drama
In Key Stage 4 and 5, students continue to develop their skills and follow their passion. They will become theatre makers in their own right and deepen their understanding of key practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds and styles. All of these influences will allow them to create new work as well deepening their appreciation and knowledge of the work of others.
Exam Board and Specification
Edexcel Drama A-level
Component One: Devising
- Devising Portfolio
- Devised performance
- Devise an original performance piece.
- Use one key extract from a performance text and a theatre practitioner as stimuli.
- Performer or designer routes available.
Component Two: Text in Performance
- Performance of a script extract as a group, or presentation of design
- Performance of a scripted monologue or duologue, or presentation of a design.
Component Three: Theatre Makers in Practice
- Written examination:
- Section A: Live Theatre Evaluation.
- Section B: Page to Stage: Realising a Performance Text
- Section C: Interpreting a Performance Text.