Key Stage 4 Information Technology
Exam Board and Specification
Information Technology follows the OCR Cambridge National specification J808.
It is primarily for learners aged 14-16 who wish to develop applied knowledge and practical skills in using information technologies and want to progress onto other related study, such as qualifications in IT, Digital Media, Computer Science. It also gives a solid foundation of core skills to assist where a student wants to pursue further unrelated study, an apprenticeship or full time employment.
Final assessment is at the end of Year 11 consisting of a written exam worth 50% of the qualification and an internally assessed, externally moderated piece of coursework, also worth 50% of the qualification.
- Data and Information; collection and storage
- Threats and vulnerabilities of IT systems; Cyber-attacks and prevention
- Manipulation of data
- Presentation of data in a user friendly format
- Targeting data for a specific need
- Project lifecycle
- Initiation and planning of solutions
- Execution and testing of solutions
- The iterative review process
- Project evaluation and documentation
- Lunchtime drop in sessions
- Afterschool homework sessions.