Key Stage 3 Maths
In their Maths lessons, pupils will learn about new and challenging mathematical concepts and develop their skills in the key areas of Number, Algebra, Ratio and Proportion, Geometry, Measures, Statistics and Probability.
Teachers will plan activities so that pupils have plenty of time to develop their fluency in these skills and also give them tasks that involve them in logical reasoning and solving problems in different contexts. We also include weekly skills practice, homework tasks and termly assessments throughout all years.
- Algebra: Sequences
- Algebra: Solving equations and inequalities
- Algebra: Graphs
- Algebra: Notation, vocabulary and manipulation
- Geometry and measures: Mensuration and calculation
- Geometry and measures: Properties and constructions
- Number: Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Number: Structure and Calculation
- Number: Measures and accuracy
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
Extra Curricular Activities
Students take part in the UKMT Junior Maths Challenge and the Go4Set Eco-hotel STEM project run by the engineering development trust.