Welcome to Media Studies
The Media department provides all of the equipment to enable pupils to develop a range of skills in both analysing and creating media products.
In analysing the media, learners will:
- Demonstrate skills of enquiry, critical thinking and analysis
- Analyse and compare how media products construct and communicate meaning and generate intended interpretations and responses.
- Respond through discursive writing to show knowledge and understanding of media issues.
- Use specialist subject-specific terminology appropriately.
In creating a media production, learners will:
- Develop practical and decision-making skills.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of media language and representation to a media production.