Key Stage 4 Media Studies
Exam Board and Specification
WJWC Eduqas GCSE (9-1) in MEDIA STUDIES
- Component 1 Section A: Exploring Media Language and Representation. (magazines, marketing, print advertisements).
- Component 2 Section A: Television (An in depth study of Luther series 1 episode 1).
- Component 3: Creating Media Products. (Coursework). Create one fully realised Media text.
- Revision of Year 10
- Component 1 section A and B: Newspapers.
- Component 1 section B: Video Games
- Component 1 section B: Radio
- Component 2 section B: Music including music video, online, social and participatory media.
At the end of Year 10 the Media students have the opportunity to visit a fully working Film Studio by taking part in the trip to Warner Bros Studios (Harry Potter World). This includes a tour of the Studios and a behind the scenes educational talk.