Key Stage 5 Media Studies
Exam Board and Specification
AQA A level Media Studies
- Introduction to the course and all 4 key concepts( Audience, Industries, Representation and Language)
- Non-exam assessment: Creating a media product.
- Assessments: AS paper to include:
- Section A: Focus on Media Language and Media Representations in relation to two of the following media forms( advertising and marketing, magazines, video games)
- Section B: Focus on Media industries and Media audiences in relation to two of the following forms (television, music video, film -industries only).
- Section C: Focus on all four areas of the theoretical framework in relation to two of the following forms (radio, newspapers, online social and participatory media.)
- Consolidate understanding of all 4 key concepts (Including relevant theories).
- Non-exam assessment: Creating a cross-media production.
- Assessments Media One:
- Section A: Focus on Media Language and Media Representations in relation to advertising and marketing and music video.
- Section B: Focus on Media Industries and Media Audiences in relation to two of the following (radio, newspapers, film – industries only).
- Assessments Media Two:
- Questions will focus on the in-depth media forms of television, magazines and online, social and participatory media/video games.
The Media Students will have the opportunity to tour a working BBC Studio (Birmingham) and take part in a retail advertising investigation as part of a trip to Birmingham.