Please select the relevant admissions procedure. There are different procedures for main school admissions and LCS Sixth Form.
As a Local Authority school, LCS is bound by Derby City Council admissions procedures.
The admissions procedures for new intake students in Year 7 each September are as laid down by the Local Authority as follows:
Priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order:
- A 'Looked After Child' or a child who was previously Looked After but immediately after being Looked After became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order. A Looked After Child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in section 22(1) of the Children Act (1989).
- Children who are both living in the catchment area served by the school and have brothers or sisters of compulsory school age still attending the school at the time of their admission.
- Other children living in the catchment area at the time of admission.
- Children who do not live in the catchment area served by the school but who have brothers or sisters of compulsory school age still attending the school at the time of their admission.
- Other children whose parents have requested a place.
- Children whose parents did not request a place by the closing date.
If the school is oversubscribed, after the admission of students with a statement of Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND), or an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) where the school is named in the EHCP, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out above.
All school admission applications for a school within Derby City made outside the normal admission round must be applied for using the relevant common application form or by completing the e-form available at https://secure.derby.gov.uk/forms/?formid=346 .
Secondary School Appeals
Derby City Council – School Appeals Timetable 2022 - 2023
The window for Secondary Applications for Year 7 in September 2023 has now closed with National Offer Day being 1st March 2023
Secondary School Appeals
National Offer date for Secondary Schools
Wednesday 01 March 2023
Closing date for Littleover Community School Appeals
Wednesday 29 March 2023
Littleover Community School Stage 1 Presentation and Stage 2 appeals
Monday 15 May 2023 – Friday 19 May 2023
For Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools Derby City Council will issue appeal forms and advise parents of the deadlines.
Appeals received after the closing date can still be processed and heard, however they may not be a part of the block hearings and may be scheduled at a later date.
All enquiries regarding admissions should be made to:
Derby City Council,
Children and Young People,
School Admissions Section,
The Council House,
Tel: 01332 956988
The LCS Sixth Form admissions procedure is outlined in the Sixth Form Admissions Policy (below).