This page details information relevant to LCS sixth form students.
- Induction 2021
- Cars and Parking
- Dress Code
- Health and Safety
- Post-16 Bursary
- Rewards and Sanctions
- Student Union Card Application
- Use of the Facilities
We expect 95% + attendance from every student.
We also expect students to be punctual to registration and to lessons.
This level of attendance is necessary to ensure students achieve their full potential in their AS and A levels
If you know you are going to be absent, you must hand in a notification form at least 2 days in advance.
Cars and Parking
If students wish to drive their own cars to school they can request a car parking permit from Mrs Goodman. This permit will entitle students to park in one of the allocated 6th form parking spaces in the main car park. Students must adhere to the terms and conditions of the permit and must always have the permit displayed clearly.
Any students who do not have a permit must park responsibly away from the site and please remember to be considerate in the manner that you park and towards our neighbours.
LCS Sixth Form’s dress code allows members of the Sixth Form to set a high standard in their personal appearance and conduct. All items on the list below may be worn by LCS Sixth Form students:
- Skirt/dress of an appropriate length (should be below fingertips when standing with arms by sides)
- Shirt or blouse
- Leather or suede shoes (or shoes of leather/suede appearance)
- Jacket or blazer
All of the above items should be smart in appearance and reflect business/office dress.
Please also be aware of the following:
- Coats may be worn but are to be removed once inside classrooms/study areas
- Piercings in each ear are permitted, as well as a single nose piercing
- Where religious dress is worn such as a hijab, turban, abaya etc., it should be worn in conjunction with the dress code and maintain its spirit.
Please assume that anything not specifically listed above is not allowed. For example, denim, shorts, trainers are not on the list so are not permitted. Any clothing with rips, holes or large logos/slogans will not be deemed as being smart and the judgement of the Head of 6th Form will be final on all matters relating to the Sixth Form Dress Code.
Finally, please remember that the dress code in the Sixth Form is a privilege not enjoyed by other members of the school community. It reflects the level of maturity and independence we expect from our Sixth Form students and any student failing to comply with it may be sent home to change.
Health and Safety
For the health, safety and comfort of all students the following will apply:
- Food and drink will be available from a server in the common rooms at break and lunch time. This must not be taken into the study rooms, and all litter must be placed in the bins provided.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on site. No alcohol or drugs are to be brought onto the site.
- No knives, firearms or other dangerous weapons are to be brought onto the site
The 16-19 Bursary Fund helps 16 to 19-year-olds continue in education, where they might otherwise struggle for financial reasons.
This section is currently under review, please contact email@example.com.
Rewards and Sanctions
LCS 6th Form has high expectations of its students and the following policy is designed to promote and support the type of conduct and behaviour that we feel is appropriate for 6th Form students.
Student Union Card Application
LCS 6th form students are eligible to apply for membership of the National Union of Students. Click the link below to sign up.
Use of the Facilities
- LCS 6th Form students will have use of the Common Rooms and the Study Rooms from 8.00am until 5.30pm.
- These facilities are for the use of LCS Sixth Form students, no students from other institutions or other years are permitted.
- Mobile Phones, MP3 Players, iPods etc can be used in the common room and in the study rooms only, provided that their use does not interfere with yours and other people’s studying. Sixth form students seen listening to devices around the site or who have headphones visible may have the device and headphones confiscated. Mobile phones should be switched off at all other times.
Usage of any electronic devices during a lesson will be at the discretion of the subject teacher.
As is the situation in lower school, confiscated devices will be locked away and parents will be asked to collect them from members of the 6th Form team. They will not be returned directly to the students.
- Students are responsible for the safety of any mobile phones, personal stereos, MP3 Players, iPods etc. Littleover Community School accepts no responsibility for the loss of such items
- Use of the table football game, playing cards etc is strictly only permitted before and after school and during breaks and lunchtime – NOT during private study/’free’ lessons. Gambling is NOT permitted
Induction Days - Rearranged for Tues 13th/Wed 14th July
I am pleased to inform you that we have managed to rearrange our 6th Form Induction days for Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th July. The arrangements for these days will be exactly the same as the arrangements that were planned for Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th June...
Students who were at Littleover Community School in Year 11 will have your induction day on Tuesday 13th July (you will need to take a lateral flow test preferably on the evening of Monday 12th July or the morning of Tuesday 13th July and should only attend if this test is negative). You should arrive BEFORE 8:35 using the FRESCO DRIVE gate to avoid contact with other year groups as you arrive and report straight to S4 where you will be signed in. Period 1 will be a welcome assembly, periods 2 and 3 will be taster lessons in 2 of your chosen subjects and period 4 will be spent with a 6th form Tutor and some current 6th Form students. The day will finish at 12:50 to allow time for you to leave the site using the FRESCO DRIVE gate, before the other year groups start their lunch break.
Students who were at schools other than Littleover in Year 11 will have your induction day on Wednesday 14th July (you will need to take a lateral flow test on the evening of Tuesday 13th July or the morning of Wednesday 14th July and should only attend if this test is negative). You should arrive BEFORE 8:30 via the main entrance on Pastures Hill to avoid contact with other year groups as you arrive and report straight to S4 (6th Form Common Room) where you will be signed in (S4 photo attached, is downstairs in the curved and glass fronted building at the front and centre of the school - there will be staff and students to help direct you). Period 1 will be a welcome assembly, periods 2 and 3 will be taster lessons in 2 of your chosen subjects and period 4 will be spent with a 6th form Tutor and some current 6th Form students. You will then have lunch in the 6th Form common room with some 6th Form staff (please bring a packed lunch) before attending an assembly about Enrichment at Littleover and having a tour of the site. We aim to be finished by 2:40 to allow you to leave the site before other year groups are out of lessons.
WE WILL PRESUME THAT IF YOU HAD CONFIRMED YOU PLANNED TO ATTEND ON 29TH OR 30TH JUNE THEN YOU WILL BE ATTENDING ON 13TH OR 14TH JULY. THEREFORE, YOU ONLY NEED TO CONTACT US IF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE CHANGED (I.E. YOU SAID YOU COULD NOT ATTEND ON 29TH OR 30TH BUT NOW YOU CAN OR YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE ATTENDING ON 29TH OR 30TH JUNE BUT NOW YOU CAN'T). Please reply to this email.
I have to stress that these induction days will only go ahead if COVID restrictions allow. If we have to cancel them again then we will look at trying to facilitate students who are new to LCS being able to come in for some time this term and we will also factor in induction time in September.
All being well we very much look forward to seeing you on the 13th July (Littleover students) or the 14th July (students from schools other than Littleover).
Preparing for Sixth Form
Guidance to help students prepare for Sixth Form can be found on our Learning From Home section.